Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hacking and coughing

Day five on the couch, and mom continues hacking. Bronchitis has a hold on everyone but Eli. Tom’s in denial, and Sidney still has a small lingering cough. I wake up each morning waiting to look in the mirror and see my normal healthy pink. Instead, it’s my pale mug. I typically swim 5 miles per week.  My toe has touched the water since last Friday, and I’m going NUTS!!!


I couldn't take it any longer. I'm incorporating these photos into my blog header, and I'm still figuring it all out. But I had to share one. This is from our annual 4th of July party at my friend Jill's house. Thank you to the Rose Tinted Lens. Please see the link below!

Enough of my incessant whining. I’m going to focus on more positive matters. Summer is winding down, and I can’t wait for schedule and routine. But, before schedule and routine rule our house, I have a ton of organizing to do. Thank you P*nterest. I’m not using all the ideas I find, but I just love the look of the clean rooms in the decorating portion. It makes me want to purge and throw away! Eli’s spending the night at his friend’s house, so I’m getting ready for an invasion in his room. Shhhhhh.

And Miss Sidney is trying to wrap her head around preschool. She went three mornings a week last year, but this is every day. The big time.  Transition is never easy for a kid. Her new teacher has several decades of experience and many of the parents are former students. I’ve never had kids in her classroom. It’s rare not to hear any negative information on a teacher as school approaches; however I can honestly say I only hear good. Everyone tells me the same thing, “oh Mrs. A.! She’s so great!”

This is good on multiple fronts. She’s seen everything. She won’t be easily bamboozled by the master bamboozler. She won’t attempt to over diagnose or interpret behavior. This was paramount last year. Mrs. H. always took her behavior in stride. Never making a bigger deal of it than necessary!
If you like my photos, give Courtney a shoutout on FaceBook or take a look at her other pictures. She's in the Chicago area. Here's a link to more awesome pictures.

OK, off to find a cough drop.

No comments: