Monday, August 29, 2011



Sidney started her first day of preschool! It’s a privilege to parent both my kids, and I couldn’t think of anything happier than watching her march in. And though I have bored my audience with words of sappiness, on more than one occasion, I couldn’t help but think about chance, circumstance, and a lot of divine intervention. And that’s not just the circumstance in Sidney’s life. We waited so long for all the firsts and wondered so many times, silently and aloud, if any of this might transpire. It reminded me that despite all the madness going on in the world, there is so much good. 


And according to my good friend Jill who happens also to be the assistant to the teacher (so cool), Sidney had a great morning! By the time I picked her up, she was exhausted. Jill reminded me, kids in preschool aren’t just playing. They are receiving directions and paying attention. It all makes a little girl tired!

All this took place after a super weekend. Grandma JeanJean and Grandpa BobBob took the kids for 2 nights. That’s right, 2 nights! Instead of running ourselves crazy, Tom and I decided to do a couple of things in the area. It’s easy to forget what’s outside the front door. I got to try a coffee shop in town.  We also tried a great Thai restaurant about 20 minutes from our house in an area that is working to revitalize. Very cool! And honestly, I watched a lot of TV. Really exciting, I know. But in reality, I don’t get to watch much that doesn’t involve Elmo or Star Wars.  

We are off to taekwondo practice.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Glad she did so well with preschool! And what a blessing to get a few nights of alone time.. sounds lovely.