Tuesday, August 23, 2011

School Daze


As my father’s school teacher said “you kids are going to be the death of me!” Of course, unlike his school teacher, I do not intend to keel over the day after making this statement. But you get my drift. I told Sidney today, she is going to become very good friends with the corner if she can’t stop being so spunky. Whenever she acts up, someone turns to me as I am about to go into full discipline mode and says “isn’t this what you wanted?” Yes, but she is SO spunky! I am certain all this drama is due to our change in schedule. Half days the first three days of school, then full days the last two. She misses her brother being home full time.



Eli came home the first day of school with a football flyer. I forced myself not to scream long enough to find out its flag football. Last night, he was so enthusiastic, he had Tom teaching him how to throw the football. I am so thankful his dad played sports in high school. Mom is completely clueless. Outside of following the Chicago Bears with Tom in the fall, I know nothing. When I say nothing, I mean, I understand a touchdown and that’s it. And each year, I make a diligent effort to understand the game. I won’t deny the players are fun to look at. But, each time, I am bored senseless, and I don’t return to watching it. I know it’s totally un-American. I only look for the score when I hear Tom bellering in the next room. 



 I posted a couple of pictures of Sunday. We went to the school to drop the kids supplies. I don’t have Sidney’s backpack yet. I am waiting for it in the mail, so she threw on an ancient Dora hand me down. Then the next day, I forced Eli to do the traditional first day shot outside. 


OK, off to do something productive.


No comments: