Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot!!!!

Thankfully, I am able to type minus box cutter injury. My death grip was sufficient to keep me from the emergency room. Eli and I went into the cardboard recycling at Tom’s work last week. I am re purposing them into journal covers. Kids will add paper, stickers, and duct tape. Who knew there was so much fun duct tape available? Maybe I need to get a life, but I was rather excited to see all the possibilities. We are making a gratitude journal for kids to draw pictures or write something a couple of times per week. Eli thought it sounded cool, because as he said in his own words, “we need to have an attitude of gratitude.” My wordsmith. 
Can you see a kitchen table? VBS ground zero.


Tom and I spent a relaxing night away minus kids! Our nephew got married late in the day, so I decided to make it an adult event. Sidney does amazingly well, and as I have blogged before, Eli is almost too independent. Off the kids went to a parade, Cars 2, and McDonald's play land. Grandpa BobBob and Grandma JeanJean attempted to reach Grandmania Master status by doing all 3 in one day! Grandmania is a term my brother and sister-in-law coined, seeing everyone frothing at the mouth over our nephew Finn. 

Today, our themometer said a cool 100 while the bank thermometer said 103. Let's say I won't be upset if I never hear another episode of Yo Gabba Gabba. 
This is the best my flowers have ever looked, so I had to throw a photo in!
We are waiting for the pool until later in the day. We need to zap some energy. Sidney loves the water. In fact, she loves it so much that she scares her mother no end. She’s not afraid of anything, but that doesn’t surprise me! 

  
OK, on to making nametags. Kids keep registering…and registering. That’s good, right?  

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Yes, it 's getting hot here too! UGH! Dreaming of central air... If I was close by, I would so be at the pool with you!