Tuesday, July 26, 2011

VBS!VBS!VBS!

I’ve been a horrible blogger!  Every spare minute is occupied by directing Bible school. We have over 60 kids, and tonight was friend night with about 77 kids. I spend 2 ½ hours each evening running back and forth between people. In the daytime hours, I am cutting, drawing, making lists, or giving directions. Eli is a champ, helping out with simple things we need for the event or occupying Sidney playing.  Thursday is our last night, and thankfully, life will resume it’s normal pace. And I can’t get the lyrics “He’s wild! He’s Wild! God is wild about us” out of my head!

Flip Flop Fleet!
 I expected only Eli to attend VBS with Sidney stay in the nursery. It’s nighttime, and I know it is a hard time of day. She’s tired and 3. After I saw her excitement coming to the church, I decided to send her with the older kids. I figured the worst that would happen is Tom might need to come pick her up. This is the luxury of living in rural America. A trip across town takes 2 minutes. So far so good, and no calls to Tom. She loves it, and runs to get her t-shirt each night. Seeing her expression last night, dancing and singing to the music, I was barely able to suck back the tears. There are those times I think about how much change has taken place in the last two years, and how all we wanted was normal life and for her to experience joy. We have it, and it’s the answer to many prayers. 
Eli dodging the camera.
 On Monday, Eli will start tutoring sessions in his school. He is a great learner and a good student, however he requires a lot of prompting, after returning in the fall. Extra sessions are designed to help him in acclimating a bit more quickly.  I am bemoaning the fact that this means summer is ending and school will start soon. We’ve had the luxury of sleeping late, staying in our pajamas, and generally loafing through the summer.  I feel spoiled. And soon, both kids will need to be out the door by 8am. On the up side, I am going to start taking writing contracts again, and it is exciting to see what direction I might take this with the available time.



OK, off to bed. No, not really. Off to listen to the serenity of my home after 10pm, when everyone is tucked in and I am off the clock!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm glad the week is going so well! ENJOY Friday!!