Monday, April 11, 2011

Escape


It was awesome to get away over the weekend, minus distractions with Tom's parents to an indoor waterpark about an hour away. Typically, Tom's cell or his dads is ringing or we head in this direction for doctor's visits. Tom's parents are always up for fun, and I think I caught a bit of the fever. While Grandma had fun playing with Sidney, mom took a few minutes to follow Eli and Dad up six flights to the top of the waterslide.


Let me preface this experience by saying, it was not the same waterslide I rode as a kid. As my body traveled through twists and turns with the flow of the water, my stomach was somewhere at the top of the slide. It was all worth it to see Eli's face when he saw mom getting in line to go down. Something which was very unlike mom and her unspontaneous nature.


Sidney had fun time with Grandma and Grandpa. She is quite taken with Tom's stepmom and his sister Jill. It was a noisy atmosphere, and it was great to see her slowly build trust in her new enviornment. She loves the pool, so this obviously helped.

Back to whatever I was doing before I needed a break!

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Super fun! Glad S was able to adjust to the noise level and enjoy herslef. That is such a tricky thing...

We have been wanting to get to a indoor water park. We have one here called the Great Wolf Lodge, but have not made time for it. Maybe next winter...

Lisa said...

So fun! I love Sidney's pink suit.
Way to go on being the cool mom!
KayLi still has issues with loud environments. She is slowly building trust and overcoming them though. Glad S is too!

Kristi said...

Love Sidney's swimsuit!