Friday, December 24, 2010


Finally! My husband is home for an extended weekend, and I can take on all of my pre Christmas preparation in peace! Yesterday, we made peanut butter balls and cake balls. Between Eli’s insistence that he take on dipping and Sidney handle sprinkling, and Sidney’s need to play in the sprinkles like they were a sandbox, it is a miracle everything is done. By the time we were finished, I was more than happy to hand the two off to Tom and enjoy an hour and a half of uninterrupted time, finishing shopping for stocking stuffers and a few other gifts.  
More snow.
 This morning, the kids are hanging from the rafters. I think Eli might explode before tomorrow. I am not sure there has been a minute of silence with him chattering away (as he has been known to do ). Between Christmas at three sets of grandparents, Christmas at home, and the mystery of no gifts under the tree, it is more than he can handle. After Sidney’s early Christmas, ripping open some of the gifts, I have opted to safely tuck them in an undisclosed location. New toys from an early Christmas with Tom’s parents, and talk of going to BobBob’s to open presents, have been a great distraction.

This looks like enough chocolate for me.
I have talked on several occasions about the unique bond Sidney has developed with my dad (Grandpa BobBob). In her eyes, BobBob has reached an almost super hero status. The other day, a distraught looking Sidney looked at the ground, and in a moping voice said, “when will I see BobBob?”  During the same week, in the car, on the way to Wal-Mart, she told me she had an owie. I couldn’t get into my parking spot fast enough for her liking, as she told me, “I know, BobBob help.” Some days I expect my dad to show up in a cape with a lightning bolt and a B on the back.  

I hear Tom moving, I guess that means it’s time to get productive.

No comments: