Saturday, September 12, 2009




This week was the first time Sidney has left Tom or I for any period of time. For those outside of the adoption world, this is a good idea, to aide in the bonding process. Tom and I make a point of giving one another frequent breaks. I could tell it was a good time for us to have an outing and for her to have time on her own. I am a stay-at-home mom, so it was beneficial for both of us. MOPS was starting this week.

Everything went well dropping her off in the assigned area of the same buidling just around the corner, so this was a great way to see her reaction. I chatted and had coffee with fun women from my group. As time went on, I became growingly curious about how she was doing. Finally at the end of the meeting, one of the childcare people approached me. It seems they had been looking for me for quite a while. What was I doing? Looking at the security camera by the restroom attempting to spying my child and trying to be inconspicuous. So much for that idea!

When I finally came in the room, she gave me the same deer in headlights look that I witness when she is in a new situation. She was great until the end, so I was perplexed and feeling a bit guilty. Turns out she was hungry. I handed her something to eat. Fish crackers were not enough for our little wolverine, and she was only hungry.

We are waiting for Sidney's Certificate of Citizenship. As I told my good friend Jill, discussing our entry into immigration in Chicago, the two words Chicago and immigration officer sound like an oxymoron. After 4 phone calls to the USCIS and getting someone on the line who knew his head from his @#%*$, I got somewhere. It seems our precious little file has not been uploaded by the proper people that be, so we will continue to wait a few more days. I have discussed this with our agency who feels they are doing their job and we should see something. The knowledgeable rep said they have only had the file a short time. Enjoy the photo, Sidney cashed out on the floor playing. Eli and I were making cookies for my Sunday School class, and we turned around to find this!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I so happy that when you tried leaving Sidney, it went so well. I left KayLi in the nursery for an hour this Sunday morning and it was harder than I thought. I think we'll be waiting awhile before we try again.

I'm lovin' how sweet she is when she sleeps!