Thursday, November 6, 2014

And the award for best costume is...

Trick or treating was spent chasing behind two first graders. My niece in the middle and Sidney were almost at a dead run until we slowed them down. Tom is from a town small enough you can go door to door. This was only after Sidney and I  completed our downtown. Let's say it was a relief to see her with her cousin carefree. Too much noise and excess energy are not always easy for Sidney.

I was grateful it was Friday night and I didn't have to get her up early the next day. That is until construction across the street resumed at 7:40am. Our previous neighbors moved and the house was torn down making way for new construction.
Eli seemed to take it okay that he was not going to be able to take part in the festivities and instead sat with Grandpa Rich watching some kind of wilderness survival reality show. I tell Tom I need way too many creature comforts and critique why anyone might want to endure such hardship while he tries to drown out my voice.
I want to mention Orphan Sunday despite the fact that I am late.  Children anywhere without a family are a heartache. I sometimes grow weary of people's lack of attention and treating the situation no matter where the child as something completely off the radar.  We can at least pray. I am climbing of my soapbox. 
20 minutes to bedtime. The days are entirely too fast.

No comments: