Monday, November 25, 2013

Thinking

A couple of weeks ago, all 32 pounds of my “small but fierce” girl clomped up on a footstool, her head barely visible above the pulpit as she recited her memorized portion of the prayer during the Thursday morning children’s mass. One by one, each first grader read their portion of the prayer until it was time for the only kindergartener (Sidney) to do her portion. After speaking a couple of words into the microphone she cleared her throat loudly before going on. I can only assume this was to be if full voice. Anyone who’s been around Sidney for more than five minutes knows despite her small size, she is always in full voice. 
Sidney and I headed to the schools bizzare Saturday while the boys hunted. She got a cookie. Someone does these every year, and they always look awesome.

She did a beautiful job, but I sat in my pew for the first time in many months watching her and thinking of her biological parents. It's in these moments of intense pride or taking care of situaitons which would have been impossible in China, like the times we go to the clinic for her hands, that I think of them. I wonder if they could comprehend what's possible for her here?  Her education, Chrisitanity, medical care, and a family who thinks she hung the moon. It's another time I think of how blessed I am that God chose me to be her mom. 
We woke up this morning to more of this! An early out makes more time for fun in the backyard after school. 

No comments: