Friday, July 26, 2013


We walked out of our church one night after VBS to find a double rainbow. Look below...
It’s such bliss to sit down with my blog (I can’t believe it myself) and update. I don’t think I’ve landed in any one place for the last two weeks. VBS, VBS, and more VBS was the theme of the last two weeks. If I wasn’t calling, I was emailing, or delegating work. I directed again this year, and it’s the first time I took it on while working. It was an adventure to say the least, and I today I found my house! Did I mention while all this was going on, Tom was on call for work? It’s a little blessing we have in our family life (I say this with all the sarcasm I can muster) once every four weeks.



It was an awesome week.  I wish I could show you pictures, but I can’t with all the kids. Instead I’ll show you a few of the decorations and crafts we completed. Thank you Pint*rest! In the midst of all of this we were not getting home in a timely fashion which lead to late nights and late bedtimes which culminated in a cranky five year old.

Eli was a total champ the entire week. If there was anything I asked, he helped immediately. Of course the incentives of marbles always help. The kids earn them and sometimes lose them for misbehavior over the summer. Let’s say he raked them in this week! He cut, he watched, he ran, and it was fun to commiserate over the long week with him. Eli has developed the most fantastic sense of humor, and I have loved being around him this summer (at least most of the time) for that reason.
All our stories were taken from the book of Acts. Just wanted to explain why all our letters are made from maps. 
Sidney was along for sensory confusion.  A loud room of 30 children on one evening and craziness proved too overwhelming for her at certain points. I knew one night when I ran upstairs to get a couple of pictures, and she can running, it was too much. She clung to me actually wrapping herself around my leg. Once I took her downstairs and she had some chocolate milk, she was ready to join her friends. I remembered I used to tell her when we were at family gatherings, and she was feeling like it was too much to sit in moms lap for a little time away. I think she remembered this was an escape. It’s awesome some of the same old tricks still work for her.



It's time to call it a night.

No comments: