Saturday, January 26, 2013

Crawling to the Computer


Two down and  two to go or shall I say I hope the other two are spared. It’s swift and severe but 36 hours later I sat upright and consumed food. I’m not saying it tasted good or that I want to look at food for the next few days, but the worst is done. I feel worse for Tom and Eli. Both have been spared its wrath for the time being. Sidney had six children out of her class on Friday. Tom played stay at home mom yesterday while delivering me ice and  seven up with his shirt over his face. He placed me on quarantine.

I'm looking for my camera, so I'm doing a rewind!
Meanwhile, Sidney is back to normal. Much as I hate not spending time with our family on the weekend with Tom here, it’s a great opportunity for him to spend time with the kids one on one. That’s something that rarely happens without mom present. After sleeping several hours this afternoon, I drug myself to the kitchen. I was shocked when I heard Sidney calling Tom baba. I thought I missed a conversation upstairs, but Tom told me it hadn’t come up and that she’d also built a house in China. It’s so interesting to see how this all comes up during play. There are many times we’ve observed her playing recently, listening to her say things about babies, adoption, and China. It’s her way of inwardly processing, and it’s amazing to watch it all unfold.

And on a very unrelated side note, I completed a work project on the subject of human trafficking. As an adoption community we tend to be aware of international and domestic issues. I’m not saying we are the only people interested in the welfare of others; however we seem to be attuned. Take the time to read about it. It’s in our backyard, and it’s everywhere. It doesn’t happen to only impoverished people living in bad neighborhoods. It happens to unknowing kids meeting at a mall and going to another friend’s house that has a friend over, it happens to people who have been victims of abuse. It’s coming to the forefront, but it’s slow. Also incorporated into the topic was human labor trafficking. Total there are 27 million people enslaved worldwide. It’s something that deserves our attention and prayer.

Okay I’m descending my soapbox for the evening, getting some seven up and ice and heading to my pillow.

No comments: