Monday, July 9, 2012

When it's summertime, and the weather is hot....


As Eli and I were pondering an online photo of S*rena Williams VERY muscled arms, he looked at her Caucasian competitor. “Are they sisters, he asked?” I bit my tongue as I went to point out the obvious difference. I’m an adoptive mom, but there are moments I forget Eli is growing up with an Asian sister. His definition of sister will never be defined by race, and it’s so awesome. I loved seeing his look of absolute sincerity.


On to even deeper topics, we are swimming nonstop. Like everyone else, in the country, we are enduring blistering temperatures. Eli and I tried to fry an egg on the pavement during Sidney’s nap, but we didn’t have success. After our failed experiment, Eli asked if it might be possible to sacrifice the hood of my new car which was met with a resounding no.
Sidney is my little fish. Her confidence is frightening. Too short to meet the height requirement, she and Tom were going down the waterslide today together. She was in such a hurry to get on the slide, she went down by herself. Her slight 27 lbs. frame shot out the end of the slide and plunged under water. Thankfully, she knew to hold her breath, came up with little more than a slight cough, and asked to do it all over again.

No comments: