Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Sidney!


Blues Clues Birthday!
I started hearing about Sidney’s birthday in September. Days and months passed with family and friends celebrating birthdays. Each time Sidney hung her head and asked, “my turn yet?” Finally, it was her day! Tom and I bought a Strider bike. She transitioned so well from her big wheel to the Strider, Tom was running behind her by afternoon. It’s a great bike for a child with a limb difference. Eventually, she will ride with petals, but this allows her to gain momentum with her feet, or stride, without her shorter leg impacting her ability to balance.
  

And I think the following photo sums up the end of Eli's skinned up weekend.
It's blurry, but you get the idea. I felt his pain as he came running inside showing me the injury. Let's just say we are happy the bandages completely cover the scrapes. Ouch!


1 comment:

Mary Gene Atwood said...

We first saw these bikes in Europe. They hadn't hit the USA yet. We packed it in our suitcase in pieces and brought it home to our grandson. They called it the run bike, and it was a big hit! Lovely shots.