Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cha-cha-cha-changes

 As we make adjustments to the ways we work with Sidney, subtle positive changes are taking hold.  Neglect, especially early neglect, doesn't resolve easily or quickly. It doesn't allow me as a parent to have definite parameters. It's not neat and it doesn't fit easily into a box. It challenges me to think differently. It's a balancing act, and a constant reminder, there isn't a timeline on healing. But, if I remind myself how far we have come, the strides she has made, the healing which has taken place, I feel confident in how we are handling things. 

Of course there are still moments I am blogging and I see this ornery face.
Phew! That was heavy stuff. I think I need to lighten it up a bit! But, I still contend, the flowers need to come out of the attic, because this is the way we learn as adoptive parents. Sharing is how I figured out the basis of what we were experiencing. And I'm so glad I gave it further exploration, and I didn't shrug it off as something normal in childhood development.


Eli received a bunch of pins and loops for his belt in Boy Scouts. He also began something completely new and perhaps a bit controversial. Dodgeball. It's absolute chaos, and he loves it! More on my run in, key word moron, in my next post. 


We had Valentines Day. Not a big, huge deal in our house, but my kids loved making valentines or shall I say, my kids loved watching me make valentines Saturday night. I went old school this year. I bought a package of card stock and we were on our way.  Thank you pinterest for the ideas. Where did we go before pinterest for fun ideas? 
Mom, if you bribed me with Valentine's candy from the beginning, blogging might have been a lot faster!

OK, off to check out the shiny new can on my counter. VBS curriculum is in!


No comments: