Thursday, January 12, 2012

Oh, all right!!!


I’ve talked a lot about Sidney and her sad pad sitting, boundary pushing, crazy behavior. That’s why today was utterly shocking. Things might change overnight, but for now, I’m going to bask for a little while in the glory of a girl that’s learning to listen! So many times, my stubborn spicy girl, listened, hearing me tell her firmly and in a calm tone not to do something, yet she continued. It typically required getting down to her level and repeadily upping the anti until she finally did what was asked.

Imagine my surprise today to hear her while being told not to do something, saying “oh awl white” (oh, all right!). Kind of like, I know I am going to have to do what you say anyway, so let’s just get it overwith. Something is sinking in. My mom, my common sense, practical mom, said “don’t you think she will outgrow this?” I think we are seeing a bit of a breakthrough. If it changes tomorrow, we are still on the right path. Awesome!

No comments: