Thursday, December 29, 2011

Half the Sky

So, I'm going to give my 2 cents on Half the Sky. HTS worked in Sidney's orphanage. I can credit them with her ability to interact with Tom and I almost immediately, Sidney's ability to make eye contact, her smile by the 2nd day, her love of flowers, and things to numerous to count. They got her out of her crib and gave her interaction beyond what was possible for overworked nannies tending to too many babies. For that alone, I will continue to advocate for this particular organization. Giving is down this year, which means, they might have to stop working in at least one orphanage. I can't stand thinking about them pulling out of an orphanage. Click on their link to the right and read about their great work. I pray they find the resources necessary to continue doing great work.

No comments: