Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Request


Sidney spent 14 ½ of her first 16 months in the Chenzhou Children’s Welfare Institute, in Chenzhou Hunan. I have been fortunate enough to get in contact with missions groups traveling to the orphanage, and later, I was able to look over the photos. I am so grateful for the internet! In group shots, I obviously look at the cute little ones posing, but my eyes always go to the back of the group. This is typically where I see a child of 11 or 12, standing in back. Typically, the slightest bit of a smile and the haunted eyes reveal a life so far removed from what a child should experience, even in a good orphanage like Chenzhou. 

There’s a boy “Will” in the orphanage. He is paperwork ready, and there are many people advocating on his behalf. Someone offered pictures for me to post here, but I don’t know if I have permission, and I don’t want to get anyone in trouble. If you think of it, send up a prayer this boy finally comes home. He has a couple of health conditions. As a sn’s parent, I know how much love and quality medical care can change a child’s life. I would love to open my laptop and see Will in his family. His best friend June, also from Chenzhou, was recently adopted. The one piece of information I have heard is that Will is ready to find his forever family like his best friend June.

No comments: