Friday, November 4, 2011

Post Halloween

I wish I had more time to blog, but spare minutes are scarce in our house. Tom continues his crazy schedule while I chase two kids from preschool, elementary school, and activities all day long. Three days a week I am at the school four times. I feel like the interior of my car is my home. I am happy just to sit for a few minutes of uninterrupted quiet time while Sidney naps. 


Monday was trick or treating. And for Grandma JeanJean, we will include a photo of the Jedi or Anakin Skywalker and our kitty. Sidney was adamant she wanted to use the costumes already in her closet. Who was her tightwad mother to question her motives? Morning preschool she was a butterfly. During downtown trick or treating, later that evening, she morphed into a cat. 

Allow me a moment to brag about living in our small area, or as I like to call it, Anytown USA. In Tom’s old community, we actually trick-or-treat door to door. People turn on their porch lights waiting for kids. And we know everyone, so we know the stuff is ok. If we didn’t make a conscience choice to visit only a couple of streets, we could canvass the entire town. It, literally, has not changed since Tom was a kid.  

More updates after Tuesday, and the big dentist appointment. I have been hovering over Sidney and all the sugar, asking her to brush more often during the day.  Frankly, I am dreading the appointment. Yes, this is the same mother that feels very confident prior to surgeries, but this is also the mother that knows how it feels to get a needle to the mouth in the dental chair. I am elated our dentist listened to my advice and gave her a mild medication to keep her relaxed. Our objective is to keep her from getting fearful. After all, Tom had a horrible experience in kindergarten, and he still hates the dentist. I'm glad he can force himself into the chair. Maybe, he needs some of the same medication before his next visit? Then he might actually get Novocain when it’s offered by the dentist.

OK, off to see what my father-in-law is unloading into my garage and offer school pictures. That usually makes the daughter-in-law halo shine brightly.

No comments: