Monday, August 8, 2011

Rainy Monday

Eli = “Mom do you know what I am still emotionally scarred about? The time Grandma Jean got on the phone and started talking to me about pantyhose.” That’s what he gets for sounding like his mother on the phone. Though he contends he was speaking in a normal voice. And as he reads over my shoulder, he wants me to clarify; he was, in fact, using a REGULAR voice! Eli makes me laugh every day. 


It was a rainy but productive Monday. Is there nothing more exhilarating than a clean refrigerator? Especially when my cook husband has filled the contents with edible leftovers from last night. I count myself as one of the luckiest women in America. I hate to cook, and I love to bake. This doesn’t work well raising a family. I am fortunate my husband cooks almost every meal. 


I accomplished a portion of back to school shopping. My 9 year old is in a size 14. I’m not surprised. He’s huge. His feet are larger than mine. At birth, the doctor estimated his adult size as 6 foot 5 inches, and I fully believe he might reach this height. At the opposite end of the spectrum, I am finally taking the 12 mnth clothes out of Sidney’s drawers. She’s in 18 mnths. The challenge is to find clothes mature enough for a 3 year old. I know the words mature and 3 don’t really fit well together, but I am careful. We already battle people thinking she is younger.


Supply shopping is half done. Sidney needs a few things. Evidentially, 3 year old preschool also has a supply list. I find it completely adorable. 8 large crayons, 2 large glue sticks (if she’s anything like her mother was in preschool & kindergarten she will need double this amount), 1 large bottle of glue, and folders. Isn’t this the fun we have been waiting for? I love normal life!

No comments: