Friday, February 11, 2011




Today was a Pillow Pet day. Snuggling on the couch with the ladybug was about as far as we went.  We are almost positive Sidney has strep throat; however I declined the swab test. She was sleeping soundly through the doctor’s visit, finally coming around when the doctor looked inside her ears. This was very unSidneylike behavior. She had a low fever, and I thought it was silly to put her through anymore. Clearly she felt awful, but despite being woken up, she was happy. We went next door to the pharmacy, and in her haze, she looked at me with droopy eyes. Listening to the music playing in the pharmacy, she asked “dance?”  I started to say something about her feeling poorly in time to see her swinging her feet in time to the music, shaking her shoulders.  

I am never happy she is sick, but it is a relief to know I can take care of her.  “Mommy, I sit-ah lap?”  is so great to hear when she is feeling poorly. It is so good to see her ask for care. I think one of the greatest joys of being an adoptive parent is these small triumphs.  

 Eli seems to have weathered the bug. He is back to normal, bounding around the living room. I am uncertain if he had the same thing. This was only after I saw Tom stretched out on the floor asking if it would be alright if he just stayed there the rest of the evening. Another has fallen.  With two of the family down, Eli and I are the last man(and woman) standing. These are the best times to chat with Eli without interruption. “Mom, do you think when I turn 18 I can go out late enough to go to cosmic bowling at 9:30?

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Love the new blog look! 18 & cosmic bowling! LOL.. Adorable.

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm hoping you can help me. I googled Hengshan Childrens Welfare insititue and I found you. We are currently in the process of adopting a little 2 year old from there. I can NOT FIND a thing about it. How was your daughter developmentally when you got her? Were they cared for well? I have a daughter from Jiangxi from Yuling SWI and she was greatly delayed, and neglected. I hope you can give me some information or put me in contact with someone who may know.