Saturday, February 26, 2011

Diet Root Beer

"Mom, this is GOOD root beer," Eli just told me. We don't typically have any type of "pop" as we call it in the Midwest in our home. Tom came home with a couple of 12 packs the other night. Eli considers any type of carbonated beverage a huge treat. After giving him permission to have it, he is swizzling it down with reckless abandon. He just informed me with all most too much excitement, it is 4 oz from being a pound. To be a kid again.


Sidney and I spent another day attempting the potty train. I find stubborness is a learned behavior. I am pulling out every once of patience, however it is taking everything in me. She knows what to do. She just doesn't want to do it. For so many months, she used to comply to our requests simply going through the motions. I remember there were times I knew fiestiness was inside her somewhere, so I guess I should be happy she is refusing to comply. Instead of feeling defeated, I am going to choose a positive attitude. Unlike a few days ago with four accidents in a morning alone, we had only two today. This is a huge improvement!

During the last part of the afternoon, as Sidney snoozed taking a late nap, I got to enjoy time with Eli. Those rare moments when he and I can resume the joking around that I so enjoy as a mom. He decided we should watch reruns of the Cosby Show again on Netflix. Who was I to refuse? I had spent the better part of the morning running to tae kwon do practice, cleaning, and attempting to uncover the reason my 2 year old dishwasher is not working. We were hooting at Peter and the episode about the dentist.


After several calls from Tom with a "I will be late" the humor was more than needed. These are words which I have grown accustomed too over the last fifteen years with someone in the trades. So now, we are listening to the annoying voice of Caillou and Eli singing in the shower.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Good luck with the potty training.

I bought the boys a Sprite today when we were at Target. You would have thought I gave them the world.