Monday, August 25, 2014

No Limits


I should be working, but there are moments that grab me about my children. Whether its my son Eli explaining algebra homework, and me internally sending up a prayer of thanks that he doesn’t struggle with academics in the same way I did. Or seeing Sidney like this picture. I keep saying if I had only known how okay looks at the beginning. But I guess this is the good stuff that is the reward of parenting a child with any type of special need. It’s incredible to have a child that for every physical reason has very complex orthopedic needs but  none are an obstacle in her everyday life. They have nothing to do with having three fingers, four toes, and a missing fibula bone, and everything to do with what a person can overcome when they are without limits. 

No comments: