Thursday, May 29, 2014

Memorial Day Musings



lE
Eli turned 12 over the weekend! He would NOT be pleased about me saying this, but my baby has grown up! Frankly, it's a bit hard to take that he will be a teenager next year, but I've found as a mother this is a fun phase. Self-sufficient with a great sense of humor and brains which were only created from the extreme recesses of the gene pool, leaving us to question how this came from us? We've determined adoption was necessary, because we don't think we could have created this again. He's my content child only upset if he doesn't have enough down time. So our day was relaxed while he tried to understand why a cell phone is definitely not necessary as a birthday gift at this stage in his life just because EVERYBODY has one. 



While we relaxed on the holiday Monday we remembered the real reason we had the day off. I make a point of telling my kids to remember freedom is a gift that is a result of the sacrifices made by others. 

No comments: