Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Traveling and Ticks



 I’m listening to the loons in the background and having some kind of a F*lgers moment as the kids sleep and Tom is somewhere on the lake fishing. Did I say I’m relaxed? I’m trying not to think this experience is half over today and focusing on the fact that we have three more full days to screw around on the lake fishing, kayaking, and paddle boating or maybe reading my book in a chair by the lake. We go a place in northern Wisconsin. Part of the reason we like it is it’s a family resort and quiet, however we also get absolutely no cell reception. Great!
I've never seen Sidney so relaxed and carefree.
Outside of Eli getting a tick bite yesterday and making an emergency call to our doctor at home, the whole week has been blissfully uneventful. In this part of the United States, it is important to take preventative steps. I took one look at a map, realizing we are in the hot zone for lyme disease and immediately called our family doctor. This is totally preventative medicine as I’m not even sure it was a deer tick. He smashed it before I could see it, however on the very small chance it was, we aren’t messing around and neither is our doctor. Our family doctor was Johnny on the spot, calling in the prescription to the local W*l-Mart. Thankfully I avoided a trip to the ER and all is well.


Back to relaxing and getting the most of the next few days before we thrust back into the real world!

No comments: