Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Splints and Spring

I'm alive. I'm sorry. Mom is learning to juggle many different roles with the addition of taking more work. I love working, but I'm trying to learn to squeeze everything in! A few moments ago, I had my head in the final draft of something I’m sending into a client. This is a normal scene in our house while Sidney is off in her own imaginary world involved in whatever adventure her imaginary world brings. Also not uncommon, I kept hearing her singing and singing and sing…..”Sidney you feel like singing A LOT today.” “Mom I have sing –or – eye - tis.” I’m trying to figure out which cartoon this came from.
Hmm, perhaps this was one of her more spunky days? Nevertheless
making the best of it using her left hand..
 It’s good to see her so spunky again. She did a lot of moping around with the cast, but who could blame her? Sidney’s entire existence is drawing and painting and cutting and all things creative. Her dominant hand was inside a cast over her elbow. Thankfully, she can do a bit more with the splint like easily peel off stickers and grasp a few other things. This limited her entertainment. We have another couple of weeks to go, and I assume the surgeon will tell us to go to part of the day. If I have my choice it will be during the day. I know it sounds odd, however she’s not sleeping well wearing plastic on her hand. It’s itching, so we’ve been up quite a bit in the night. Being outside and really wearing her down seems to help.

Meanwhile, Eli is finishing up 5th grade. Do you ever feel as a parent you blink and your kids are suddenly too grown up. It’s like I want it to slow down. I can’t believe Eli is going to turn 11 at the end of the week. How does that happen? You are pregnant in front of VH1 Divas Live having contractions blink your eyes and have a preteen.


OK, off to VBS planning. I’m in charge again this year. For the first time in MANY years, we have enough volunteers. Now if I can get enough Duct Tape to make baskets we’ll be in business. 

No comments: