Saturday, March 2, 2013

Vegas Vacation (Kids Version)


Do you ever have one of those days when you catch yourself sitting on the bathroom floor talking to the cat? It was a really great day, but as my mom told me after staying with the kids, he’s somehow soothing. And I’d like to tell you the remainder of the day provided more clarity, however I’m looking across the room at Tom wearing a tiara with the words “Happy Birthday” across the top. Tom and I are not good about celebrating our own birthdays. I realized it’s really important to our kids to celebrate it. Even if it means spending $10 for a cake mix, frosting, and grilling outside during the winter.  



So on to the real reason I’m posting. Here are more photos from last weekend. Eli and Sidney spent time with Grandma JeanJean and Grandpa BobBob in a combination of time at their house and ours. Grandma JeanJean choreographed the routine of dropping off and picking up for school and Boy Scouts. We are VERY appreciative for the time away which leads to my next statement.
Read my previous post on marriage and the importance of couples getting away in relationship to the comment I made. This is for you Mom, my ever faithful blog reader. My previous blog post advised, “We spend 18 years raising our kids out of what we hope is 40 or 50 years married.” My mother corrected me today by reminding me they have been married 44 years and don’t plan on going anywhere soon. Hilarious. What an example to my own marriage.


Hanging out in the snow. 

Sidney at my mom and dad's house having fun with the dollhouse my dad made me as a kid. Sidney looks so grown up in this picture! 

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh what fun times!! Your children are precious...♥