Friday, March 9, 2012

Wax On Wax Off


Who knew removing earwax could be so life changing for Sidney? She was complaining of an ear ache on and off in the last day. I got her into the doctor to have a look-see (is that a word?). He produced some kind of bizarre disposable tool, and pulled it out. She’s running around like nothing ever happened. It’s another in a series of moments as a mother that I felt completely ridiculous. I was under the assumption she had an ear infection. While Sidney selected a sticker, the receptionist advised me it’s quite common and can be painful. Who knew? Obviously not me. 

Hands down my favorite activity = Moon D*ugh


I ran to the doctor between lettering quilt blocks, directing and planning for VBS, straightening out the error on our taxes, doing Tom’s bookwork, dealing with a cat puking on my stairs (ok only one time), purchasing items for a theme basket, and somewhere in between, finding five minutes to breath. I’m lettering 22 quilt blocks with the foot stamp of each preschool student to incorporate into a quilted wall hanging or to lie on a table. It will be auctioned off during a fundraiser for the kid’s school. I find myself laughing internally that I’m involved in an event called the “spring fling.” 




OK, off to figure out how many Alka Seltzer I need for VBS. Think film container rockets.OK, now I'm really stopping. I hear crazy laughter, like the kind that's going to produce crying in 2 seconds!

No comments: