Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Squeezing in a blog

See what I made in preschool Mom?

I originally had photos, but I want to get the post up!!! I had a photo Sidney in front of a very large dumpster at our house. It’s been a fixture in my driveway for over a week. After ripping out the carpet, our next project was a thorough cleaning of the garage and basement. I’m finding it’s therapeutic to purge and repurpose. I knew it was past time to do a major cleaning when Sidney reacted with “wwwwoooooooowwwww”  upon seeing the interior of the garage.

While I’m purging, Sidney is preschooling .  My sleepy eyed girl, pulls on a backpack half her size, and climbs into the car. I use the word climb in the most literal sense. “Sidney do you want a boost” is met with “I do it myself.”  She does the same in Tom’s truck. Scaling the side of the seat like a mountain climber? No problem! I think her determination speaks volumes about her spirit. And before you panick, we spot her as she makes her ascent. 

Eli started football last night.  Secretly, I am hoping this is a one season ordeal. This year is flag, and next year is tackle. Did someone say my baby will be tackled? Last night gave Tom and I the opportunity to observe. It was a constant replay as the coach threw the ball.  As the coach yelled “100,” several 9 year old boys held their hands skyward as the ball plummeted toward the earth. All the while, they ducked and attempted to catch at the same time. Fear of the ball seems to be the largest obstacle. Now, if I could only get Eli to stop throwing himself to the ground in a fake fall and roll like he was thrown to the ground in the action, after someone catches the ball.

And what am I thinking about all the chaos that went on last week with my impromptu return to work? I feel great about my decision, and it has given me new purpose as a stay-at-home mom.  Once all my projects are done, I am back to writing. Writing makes me feel like I have something that’s my own, and through this small experience, I have learned that is something very important.

No comments: