Saturday, May 21, 2011

Quick Update

Mom and Sidney had haircuts.  Sidney sat soaking up every girly girl moment of the process. Hair blown dry and strait ironed, Sidney came into the wind, squealing "no, my hair, wind blow!" Our entire one block walk was filled with concern over her new "do." To be the mom of a pint sized diva is a new adventure each day. And just to clarify, I don't encourage this behavior. This is 100% Sidney.

For all the girly girl behavior, she is a bit of a tomboy. If we didn't need to get anything else done, she would stay out from morning until night. So different from the girl we brought home two summers ago that cried standing barefoot in the grass.

Need my camera! No more cell!
Eli finishes school this week which means it will be my job to keep him occupied. I am thinking a few chores each day. I am also going to start a better reward/punishment system. Marbles given and taken away. A genius idea used by another adoptive mom and Eli's school. Reaching a certain amount means doing something special.  This is a good excuse for Tom or I to spend time with Eli one on one. A little sister is a great distraction from Mom and Dad's attention.

I think I better stop writing. Eli is reading from the "Encyclopedia of Inmaturity." I heard the words, "baking soda, vinegar, toilet paper, and ziplock."

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Love that girly girl.