Monday, May 2, 2011

Potty Success!

I get up in the morning and make a game plan before I am out of bed. It drives Tom crazy. You can imagine the twists and turns my children have created are a positive factor. Sidney senses my need to plot and plan. When Mom was ready to potty train, and Sidney decided she was going to keep using pull up's (I have determined, pullups are evil), it was a battle of wills. I realized, and I stepped back. 

So imagine my surprise last Thursday. Miss Tracey, her teacher from once per week morning playtime, said she used the potty three times in a row. Little turkey knew exactly what to do. Mom decided it was time to act. I was hesitant prior to last week. Anything extra typically causes her additional stress. And adoptive parents know it's not typical acting out. I decided we were going to have fallout no matter the timing. Friday night at midnight, a couple of night terrors later, I was questioning my judgment. Turns out by Saturday, she was still using the potty and the night terrors were no more! Mommy could not be prouder!

By Saturday morning (this is nothing short of a miracle), Tom was not working for our business or his 9-5 job, so he was there to assist. I am kicking myself for not having a camera at the ready on Saturday morning. Sidney was pushing daddy. Daddy was talking to her, sitting on the potty chair while holding up a pair of Dora underwear, in deep conversation with Sidney. This would have made a GREAT shot for the blog. Oh, well. Maybe I'll catch him next time.

.

No comments: