Friday, March 25, 2011

I came home to find Eli in a pile asleep on the couch Wednesday night having been asleep twice before. I should have prefaced this by saying Eli fights sleep. Dozing off is not on his radar. If he is tired he goes to bed early. The only time, we are guarantee a nap is the 4th of July. This is after threatening and cajoling. We are on our third day home. He is perking up, and I am waiting for the littlest family member to fall. I can't complain, we have avoided much of the illness which plagued our home last year.

In an ideal world, Sidney will make it another couple of days withouth getting the crud. A meal, silent/live auction will take place. It is a great time which usually ends in Tom's narcisisticsm emerging. If you are thinking my husband might be insulted, think again. We joke about it constantly.


Sidney tested her will yesterday visiting the doctor's office with brother. At the end of our visit, her sweet mug graced the door of the reception area. She misbehaved in the exam room, but the person working in the office had sticker in hand. I advised her she was lucky to receive a sticker. Crazy behavior continued into the waiting area. After several warnings, Mom took the sticker, giving it back. What took place over the next sevearal minutes was a tantrum of gargantuan proportion. Luckily, I was able to escape the waiting room and get into the car before the real dramatics began. Later in the day, as she threatened to misbehave, a quick reminder of the "Sticker Incident," was all it took to do an about face. A lesson well learned. Eli concluded she is transitioning from the "terrible 2's" to the "threatening 3's.

Eli is upstairs chatting away. I guess on day three of illness, the class calls to check up. OK, off to finish putting my basket together for the auction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just stopping in from RQ to see your music-free blog! Sidney is too cute--I love the panda ears :).

LouiseMe

(also, we're firm believers in adults-only time as well and are just now lining up a weekend for my folks to take DS, age 2!)