Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Few Deep Thoughts By Cara

Still cleaning.
Sidney is arguing with a large stuffed repile Tom's parents picked up for Eli at a resort a few years ago, telling it "no, you not snake" while Eli is yammering on about someone holding the worlds record for the most eggs held in one hand. A typical day in our home.
Hopefully, my next post will not be from an Acer. This little refurbished gem was worth every penny when we traveled. And it is worth every penny while the keyboard (not the motherboard!!!) is replaced in my largerlaptop. Forgive my gramatical errors, nothing is easy to see on this very tiny screen!

We turned in Sidney's registration for preschool next fall. Filling out the forms for Eli, I breezed through without writing any kind of health ailment. Any parent of a child with a special need realizes, there is never enough space on the form. I had to ask for another set of forms, to correct the first, quickly realizing I was running out of space, only listing very basic information. It occurred to me, it was a better idea to write a letter, let the school keep it on file, and update the letter as necessary. More on this in another post with my normal laptop.

With it being morning, I am reminded I have woken up to a small gift the past few days. For some reason, morning has always been an extremely difficult time for her. After over a year home, we have determined she is much like her mother in the morning, grouchy!

Giving mom his cheesy photo grin.
Here is a picture of my Boy Scout. I can't say enough good about this program, in general. It helps that Eli has a leader whose goal is to get them all to Eagle Scouts. I can't think of a much better way to teach Eli all the things we value. And even better, his leader has prioritized the different patches and merits (I know this is the incorrect name!!!), which are regiligously oriented.

More VBS planning today. When else does mom look over plans to make a whale out of two box fans and two pieces of 10'x25' plastic. Have I said I like planning for this event? It is ton of work, but it is so rewarding. There is a group of kids which always arrive and have never been in church. It is amazing to see them by the end of the week. I don't mean to go overboard, but if we can give them even that small amount of time, we have planted a seed. That and we have taught them it is not appropriate to run in church.



OK, off to my day. I hear Eli saying "I must dance." Good thing we are off to school in 10 minutes to get rid of some of that bottled up energy.

No comments: