Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Monday July 20, 2009


Spent the day on Schaiman Island which is connected to Guangzhou. Many families stay on the island during the adoption process however our hotel was not on the island. This was totally fine, given the fact that many of the shop owners are agressively trying to sell their wares to everyone in site. Not as agressive as the vendors of S. America however more annoying. Found some fun and cheap stuff. The architecture of the buildings is quite beautiful. It was occupied by the British for a time, so it differs from the remainder of Guangzhou. Our medical exam on Saturday was also in the same location.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Hi Cara & Tom...
How is it going since you've got home?
I must have thrown away your email address by accident so I hope you notice my comment.
We have been thinking you guys and wondering how everything is going.
Did Sidney have the chicken poxs?
Reese seems to be ok. We went to one doctor visit but she had a bad ear infection so we have to go back next week for her exam.
I bet you guys are like us... having lots of family & friend visits. It's great to be home. America is wonderful.
Well I will go for now... please email me your address again so I can keep in touch.
God bless,
Renee, Mark & Reese